India entered this 4th stage of the nationwide lockdown on 18th May 2020. As of now, the lockdown is stated to last for another 2 weeks until any formal notice is released by the Central Government of India.
The guidelines announced by the Home Ministry clearly state that with the consent of the states and union territories involved, the interstate movement of vehicles is now permitted.
A lot of state governments have asked for a complete shutdown in the containment zone, allowing small businesses to restart. Resuming educational institutions & large social gatherings is still prohibited though.
The Centre has also decentralized its stringent guideline and has granted the decision of dictating the regulations pertaining to the various activities to be allowed in the non-containment zones to the states to decide for themselves. However, a close watch will be kept on all commenced and ongoing activities in every state. Individuals in the containment zones are not allowed to move around other than for reasons such as medical emergencies and/or to maintain the supply of essential goods and services.
For clarity and better understand, we have curated and answered the most frequently asked questions below. For assistance pertaining to any matter, kindly get in touch with our team at +91-8872711111 who will be happy to assist you.
- What do the lockdown 4.0 guidelines state?
The Guidelines for the lockdown 4.0 as directed by the central government state-
- The states may allow all standalone stores, industrial activities, and offices across the country to commence operations.
- The categorization for the zones has been simplified into two broad categories- the containment zone and the remaining part of the country. Earlier complicated color division of the country into a Red zone, Orange zone, and Green zone depending on the susceptibility of the spread of the deadly virus.
- Contradictory to the previous phases of the lockdowns, this time lockdown 4.0 official guidelines have permitted the state and union territory governments to set their own containment zones.
- What are the central guidelines for interstate and intrastate travel?
Lockdown 4.0 has seen great relaxation in terms of interstate and intrastate travel. A few notable points to be paid attention to are-
- All citizens, except those in need of an essential service or a medical emergency, are to stringently comply with the time-bound rule for movement, which means people can only move out between the time periods between 7 in the morning and 7 in the evening.
- People with low immunity are at the highest risk of contracting the coronavirus and thus, people above the age of 65 years, pregnant females, and children are strictly advised to remain indoors.
- Please note, states have been allowed by the Center to follow guidelines based on the on-ground realities of their respective states.
- What are Lockdown 4.0 guidelines for Taxis and Cabs?
HiWay Cabs, your favorite travel partner is back on track to help you reach your destination throughout the country. To avoid trespassing any rules that the government has implied during the lockdown period, there are a few things that must be kept in mind.
- Cab services will resume with a restricted number of passengers all over the country barring the containment zones.
- Apart from the driver, two passengers are allowed in a 5 seater vehicle & three people are allowed in a 7 seater vehicle.
- Although traveling is the way of life, there will not be any leisure travel available until any formal notice is released from the government’s end.
- Where & where not is a Travel Pass compulsory?
- In areas that are non-containment zones, inter-city & intra-city travel will not require you to have a pass irrespective of whether you’re traveling in a cab or in a private vehicle.
- It is not mandatory to get a pass issued for inter-state travel. But there are certain states that are exempted from this, a few of those are: Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu.
- The decision of requisition of a pass for inter-state travel has been submitted entirely in the hands of the state governments.
- Is it safe to travel during this pandemic situation?
At HiWay cabs, we believe in providing the best, hassle-free interstate and intrastate travel solutions to our customers. Ensuring the safety of our riders as well as our drivers is our top-most priority in these tough times. In regard to that, there are a few stringent steps we have taken to ensure a comfortable & safe ride for you.
- Screening of all the riders before the commencement of the ride
- Thorough & regular screenings of the chauffeurs are performed for the mutual safety of the passengers as well as the chauffeur.
- Hand sanitizers & fresh masks available within the cabs.
- Decontamination of every vehicle after every ride to avoid any unforeseen risks.
We take safety very seriously and thus have ensured all the safety measures so you do not have to think twice about booking with us. So if you’re looking to travel, look no further than HiWay cabs. Our Ride, Your Way!