If you want to enjoy the serene beauty of nature and experience the thrill of high hills and mountains, it’s time for you to plan a trip to Uttarakhand or to visit top tourist destinations in Uttarakhand. Not only mountains but Uttarakhand offers some beautiful landscapes, religious sites, enthralling water sports, and a stunning view of the wide variety of flora and fauna. It is rightly regarded as one of the most beautiful states of India.
Here are some of the best tourist spots to visit in Uttarakhand –
1. Dehradun – The magnificent valleys, lush greenery, and the picture-perfect viewpoints of Dehradun make it an ideal destination for travelers to spend their leisure time. There are lots of photogenic and happening picnic spots to explore here such as Malsi Deer Park, the sacred Tapovan, and the Sahastradhara waterfall.
2. Corbett National Park – It is India’s first national park and one of the most visited places in Uttarakhand. Tiger, Deer, sambar, chinkara, crocodiles all can be seen at close range in this park. It is a full package of thrill, adventure, and fun for wildlife enthusiasts.
3. Badrinath – A major place of attraction among Hindu devotees. The astonishing view of the humongous Neelkanth mountain peak makes your trip to Badrinath more enchanting apart from the religious aspect. Badrinath is a must-visit place if you want to explore the many myths and legends of Hindu mythology. The top attractions to visit here are – Badrinath Temple, Charanpaduka, Bheem Pul, Narad Kund, Brahma Kapal, Yogadhyan Badri Temple, etc.
4. Gangotri – A place of devotion and faith. It is one of the four Char Dham pilgrimages. It is the origin place of the River Ganga which is considered highly sacred in the religion and is worshipped all around India. The place reflects the true beauty of nature in the form of snow-covered mountains and the shining water of the Ganges. Tapt Kund, Bhairon Ghati, Jalmagna Shivling are some of the best places to visit in Gangotri. You can experience the true Hindu culture here in the form of tasty vegan food easily available at the local dhabas.
5. Haridwar – The perfect place for rejuvenation. Haridwar is not only a soothing place for body and mind but also one of the most famous religious tourism destinations in India. If you want to have a closer look at the Indian culture and heritage, the temples and ashrams in Haridwar are the perfect places to visit for you. Some of the top places in the city are Mansa Devi temple, Chandi Devi Temple, Bharat Mata Mandir, Dakha Mahadev Temple, Shantikunj, Ma Anandamayi Ashram. Don’t forget to be a part of the daily Ganga Aarti at Har Ki Pauri.
6. Mussoorie – You can get the most fantastic views of the Himalayas from Mussoorie. It is one of the most sought after places for trekkers and other adventure sports. If you are looking for a perfect honeymoon destination or just planning a leisure trip, Mussoorie is the best place for you. Some of the best places to visit are Lal Tibba, Jharipani Fall, Kempty Falls, Gun Hill, Sir George Everest House, etc.
Uttarakhand is a traveler’s paradise in every possible way. Be it the pristine natural beauty, the rich cultural extravaganza, budget-friendly staying options, or the exciting adventure activities… Uttarakhand has it all.
Give life a break and explore the hidden gems of the ever-surprising “Uttarakhand” with Hiway Cabs.